Saturday 4 February 2017

Tree Reflection Photographs




Tree Reflections



I took these images as they highlight to me the "in-between" of mortality, the pooling of the water has ritualistic qualities to it that coupled alongside the grey scale of the image, suggests that there is never any absolutes within this matter. The reflective nature of the water acts as a mirror, that shows different perspectives of life around us. It is merely down to us as to where we stand.



The stark black and white photographs, portray a macabre metaphorical link to mortality, the composition speaks of two worlds reaching out to one another. In further association, questions of reality, can be gleamed from its surface.  However the delicate nature of the branches provide a sense of beauty to contrast any darker readings. The stones surrounding its edges, appear as speckles of star dust. Adding to the dreamy fluidity of the image.



By editing the image a little, I was able to experiment with different feelings through colour. Allowing me to change the reading of the image. The dark green filter shows a more earthy reading, conjuring words such as; organic, sustainable, biodegradable, murky, and reliable. The yellow lines of the road, provide a harmonious contrast, that adds colour without distracting to much from the piece all together.





















 The blue image has a silent moodiness about it, However the pool itself appears mystical, as if it has some sort of supernatural qualities. As I gaze into the image it draws me in closer, until I can imagine dipping my toes into the pool, seeing the ripples flow out, as if I was being considered by the water itself. There is a sense of fantasy within these images, of which I am in awe of. A romance, of the imaginary which makes one feel as if they were a child again, playing in and out of multiply worlds.









No comments:

Post a Comment