Thursday 10 May 2018

Henry Moore - Book scans


Henry Moore -  Book Scans 






Reflection 

The beauty of many of Moore's sculptures arises from the ambiguity of the forms, and materials they have been carved in. Although I am aware that the majority of Moor's work is based around the human form, reclining figures or embracing couples, I take something else  from the work than what the artist intended for his work to be. Seeing his sculptures as bone fragments I find that I enjoy them infinitely more, as this leads me to view them as clues to a murder. The way the sculptures are often situated in rural countryside further backs up this interpretation, as many of us would make a connection to a section of bone, or a body being found within this setting. The choice of material correlates too, being made from natural elements, such as stone and bronze which tie the sculptures back into the landscape; or the remains of a corpse back into the ground. The scale of the work draws attention to itself, like a secret that grows bigger and bigger until it is discovered. Alternatively, it could be representational of the scale of meaning connected to an individuals existence. I take inspiration from Moore's work, although not directly from its source meaning. Thinking about his work critically, I find myself more drawn to the work combined with my own crafted narrative then as a abstract representation of the human form.




No comments:

Post a Comment