Thursday 10 May 2018

Interchange- History of Archiving Trust (H.A.T) + Ghost signs research











Ghost signs 


As part of the interchange sessions, I had the opportunity to have a tour of the history of archiving trust. After exploring the archives I was informed about a term I had never encountered before 'Ghost Signs' which are fading remains of painted signs often found on brick buildings up and down the country. These remnants of the past allow us to see how much our villages, towns and city's have developed and changed over the years. The worn away paint is nostalgic to many, and illustrates a state of limbo. I have been entranced by the images of ghosts signs, and plan to incorporate them in my work in some form at a later date, although currently I am still mulling over how this it to be done.









No comments:

Post a Comment