Friday 11 May 2018

Research Exhibition - Collaboration


 Research Exhibition Collaboration 


To start the ball rolling everyone in the group sent examples of our independent research so that we could start to understand each others concerns within our own practices, this was a successful way to begin to familiarise ourselves with other individuals work:













                                                                                                                                                        

Images of the final show:


















 Close up photos taken by Charlotte Ives of one of my instillation:













Reflection

The work within this exhibition had at its core, many individual strands of research all woven into the structure you see within the images above. As an exhibitor, I didn't have much involvement with the behind the scene workings, yet I did come and help set up my own work on the day. It was very useful to see my work within the context of a group show as a large proportion of the objects I displayed had already been used within my own exhibition at the end of last term. Seeing them organised in a new set-up opened up the possibility to explore and play around with there metaphors. For this exhibition I displayed with a display case some of my more consider bronze sculptures, adjacent to plans informing there construction, and my project notebook from the last unit. The contrast in the way of display reminded me of the set-up I saw at The National Science museum in London, The units create order for the objects placed inside while the shelving adds a fluid sense of narrative and function to the work. This I kept in mind while deciding how to display my work, however working as a exhibitor and not a curator, I had to run my suggestions past the curators to make sure it matched there vision for the space. If I were to be in an exhibition like this one again, I would insure that I consider in more detail the significance of being part of a group show as this could weave into a collaborative piece of work aside our individual pieces, which would make for an interesting juxtaposition of themes and outcomes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment