Thursday 25 May 2017

Carousel higher Demo #1 *own composition*

Carousel draft #1 - higher



Writing music as a response to a location, I went to a fair in Chatham docks. Whilst there I was taken aback by a beautiful steam carousel, looking at the movement of the carousel 
 I started to relate how it could symbolise life, always circling around with this movement that constantly brings you up and down. The music lulls you into a pattern that you keep to until the ride is over. I composed this piece to sound like the movement of my life. I have also performed this piece on a lower octave to compare feelings generated from the two, overall I think the higher piece sounds more fairyland-esque. Sorry no sheet music yet, it takes me ages to write it out, I will however work on it over the summer.



Written and Performed by Emily Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment