Thursday 25 May 2017

Waterfall in Madrid - Worry Knots














                                                                                                                                                

Reflection 


I took my knots out of the country to visit Madrid, on an trip lead by my university. It was important for me to start to experiment with placement of the finished sculpture. Since there is a definite connection between the knotted forms and plant life, I took the sculptures to a local park and displayed it alongside other ferns and water based plants. The form blended in perfectly it was only that colour that stood out immediately, it was then that I realised that although I was adding something in pictures I was appearing that I was taking something out, either by photo-shopping it out or by tippexing over it. This changed the reading of the work for me a great deal. Regardless of meaning however, the form sprawls naturally over any surface it is placed onto, as if the worrying is trapped inside and attempting to take over. 


                                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment