Thursday 25 May 2017

Fye Bridge - Returning sculpture in location


Placing Sculpture in location 











                                                                                                                                                   

Reflection 


When approaching the site to install the sculptural work, I felt nervous as it is always uncertain how the public will react to the sculpture. As I was lowing the piece into the river people seemed generally interested as to what I was doing. As I was holding the work and watching the hands semi submerged in the river, I felt like I was doing a good deed or at least like I was part of something bigger then just me. The longer the piece soaked in the water the higher the chance that the modrock would start degrading. I thought there was something ritualistic about the work being dissolved by the water, as if the water was washing away the sins of the past. 


                                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment