Wednesday 24 May 2017

Hair Drawings

















                                                                                                                                              

Reflections 

Using hair as a line, I begin drawing with my DNA. Pulling the hair into different forms I arrange the hair onto paper, the lines resemble marks from a pen, I begin to consider what can be classed as a drawing. The intricate nature of the drawings, suggest the scribbling of a troubled mind. As I trace the lines with my eyes, I consider the lines as a life journey, twisting and turning around each other. The negative space helps balance of the gestural forms, of lucid figures. Wrapping the hair around the bones, produces a continued metaphors of identity, heritage and family. There is a grave melancholic air surrounding the work, as the items appear as remnants of a ended life.


                                                                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment