Wednesday 24 May 2017

Collagraph prints - Natural forms








                                                                                                                                                            






I used scrap paper to test out how some of the makings would come out, the impressions are so delicate they appear like fossils who's makings are preserved in stones for thousands of years. There is a geological quality's to my work as I look to use to uncover something lost through textures and materials.

                                                                                                                                                        



































                                                                                                                                                    
Reflection 


My first series of collagraph prints, I started by gathering materials as a pre-print ritual, I felt like the way the material were chosen was important to the outcome of the print. I chose to scavenge for them so that it would feel like up-cycling. I chose to print in colours that would be reminiscent of the coast, the location of which these print are inspired from. The forms produced in making the print are loose and beach-like. I am really pleased with how these images have printed the textural qualities within them are absolutely beautiful and so tactile that I find myself tracing the impression of pieces of string.


                                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment