Saturday 20 May 2017

Screen Printing skills 1













                                                                                                                                          



Reflection


For this Skills session, I experimented with screen printing using images cut out of Photography magazines. I chose to stick to images of landscapes to make sure the overall design harmonise. The printing inks used were mixed by hand in order to get the perfect hue, to give an added hint of sheen I mixed a purlescence quality into the tone of the colour. I used colours reminiscent of the coast to add a sense of authentically to the work. 
When comparing the prints with words to the ones without, it seems that this print works better and appears stronger without the wonky words. I found the printing set up to be long, and the computer editing a little complicated. This was probably due to the lack of familiarity with the processes. I tend to prefer a more tactile approach to printing, such as etching or colograph printing, getting my hands dirty and seeing fast results is one of the pleasures of a practical printing process. 


                                                                                                                                        





No comments:

Post a Comment