Thursday 25 May 2017

Worry knot Printing




 Worry Knot Printing













                                                                                                                                                


Refection 

I originally started tying worry knots as a coping techniques to deal with anxiety or stresses in my life, I find that keeping my hands busy helps focus my mind. I also love the tactile quality of the string, as it frays apart you can see the different strands that make up its being which I find to be a beautiful concept. Wondering what would happen if I were to print these structures, I attempted to print them with mixed success. The main issue that arose was that they weren't flat enough to go through the printing press, I tried reducing the tension to no avail. Then I tried rolling the knotted structures in ink and printing them straight onto the paper, this worked somewhat although it was impossible to achieve an even finish. Printing these pieces in negative and positive was vital to learning about the materials and finding out what looked effective. Upon closer inspection I love how the ink picks up on every strand, as it provides a real sense of texture to the work.

                                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment