Thursday 25 May 2017

Dry Point etching - Tools









                                                                                                                                                       

Reflection

Thinking about the use of function items and how some of them are thought of as ritual tools I comprised a collection of prints that I felt were traditional in such practises such as a wishing bone, a rabbit and a rope. With all my dry point etchings, I like to add some individual character to every print by playing around with the ink that is left on the plate. This back ground noise creates a sense of frequency that charges the images into being something more then illustrations. I feel like these images exist a slides to start testing my options of what I could go on to do, I feel like there is something missing and I am still in the process of finding out what, although I am not convinced that making things bigger necessarily makes them better. 


                                                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment