Saturday 13 May 2017

The hanging tree - Performance



The Hanging Tree - Performance


As I begin to explore themes of ritual and sound within my practise I find the voice to be an extremely evocative tool. As I sing I feel like a speaker communicating messages from one group to another. The voice, with all its complexity has it own unique signature that communicates much more then just words, it has feeling and the weight of a whole cultural identity behind it. I find these works intimate,  and seems fitting to listen to them with headphones on, so that you can be isolated with only the contours of the voice.  I chose this song as it resonates with me, in a profound kinda way. The tune feels like the weight of dirt brushing against your feet, earthy and organic. In that was sound is like paint, creating a imaginary world that is malleable to the viewers ears. 




Performed and edited by Emily Gardiner

No comments:

Post a Comment