Tuesday 13 February 2018

Blickling Hall Visit - Site Photographs


Blickling Hall 














































































Reflection


I am still reflecting on my day at Blickling Hall, there was so much to take in I feel as if my mind just ate a 20 course meal. Unfortunately due to winter cleaning only a small part of the house was open when I visited. However, from walking up the gravel driveway there is a calming sensation, the house stands strong and magnificently straight ahead and there is just this sensation that you have made it. On closer inspection the house certainly does not disappoint. With hand painted Chinese wall paper in one of the bedrooms, pink silk hanging in place of wall paper in another, the house is a mis-match of styles but that only adds to the sense and indeed fact that it was built and used as a home. The library is spectacular and defiantly the hidden gen of the property, I was lucky enough to speak to lots of other volunteers that provided me with lots of back knowledge on the house and the functions and dates of objects within each room. After soaking up so much information, I started to scribble down some ideas for contemporary art pieces that would honour the spender of this grand Jacobean home. (within my notebook) I am very much looking forward to going back and finding out more about this awe inspiring place, and of course developing my sculptural ideas further.

No comments:

Post a Comment