Sunday 11 February 2018

Musical Tableau - David Lynch - Research


Crazy Clown Time 






                                                                                                                                                  

Reflection 


There is a errieness about this piece of music, not only through the rhythmic chanting  sound of the music but of the repetition of words used and call of the voice. Upon first hearing this piece I was turned off by its peculiarity however it stuck in my head like an horrible secret and called for me to listen to it again. I guess it was mainly through curiosity that I gave into it, once I did however It grew on me more and more, until moments of my day would take on the soundtrack. I felt to me like a part of a dream that I couldn't remember correctly, the kind that makes you question if the things you've experienced really happened or not?! The track is clever constructed as the repetitive thudding in the background give you something familiar to cling to while the story unfolds. Sort of like you are on a roller-coaster ride that you cant get off from until the ride is finished with you. The song now feels like an experience that I have lived through, a state of being in limbo as it mixes with moment that you have through and moments that have imprinted on you.

                                                                                                                                                      


Sources


No comments:

Post a Comment