Thursday 8 February 2018

Salt crystal experiments #1





















                                                                                                                                                       


Reflection

Starting with the concept of concealing or protecting an object,I decided to experiment with salt crystals as a way of neutralising gathered charges and keeping it in a perpetual moment. where it would go through a purification ritual and be born again. I started this process by wrapping together poetic phrases against bones, and entwine the forms in string to bind them together and to produce a strong base for the crystallised forms to grow. It took a lot of trial and era to get the salt balance right, I started using Epsom salt as it has proven the most effective for growing crystals quickly. I ended up using equal parts water and salt for the best results. What I like the most about the resulting forms is how they grow organically an therefore you cannot predict the way the crystals will form. The crystals will take over the surrendered object in whatever way they wish too. I will continue to play around with the process, until I feel the object has reached a state of limbo.




No comments:

Post a Comment