Thursday 8 February 2018

Paint and Ashes - Experiments

































                                                                                                                                            


Reflection


By taking the ashes from my burnt check book and mixing it with lilac paint I create a form of  alchemy, which I then use to perform a ritualistic act. By anointing these trees with a paint and ashes mix I am stating a ownership of the space. The burnt check book acts as a token of my identity, the pastel colour of the paint is evocative of lavender which Norfolk is well-known for. The marks on the trees are irregular so the paint seeps into the bark different, the rain then causes the paint to leak out and feed into the surface of the tree. The resulting forms seem both natural and man made, this balance acts as a dialogue between the two entity's. This experimental process was part of the learning curve as I continue to venture to understand space and create a balance between sculpture, performance and illustration art. If I were to redo this work again, I would look more into different ways of marking out space. 


No comments:

Post a Comment