Thursday 8 February 2018

Christingle service - Ritual - Primary Research






Reflection

Following my investigation into rituals and heritage processes, I decided to go along to a christingle service at Norwich cathedral. As a child I was regularly brought to such events so I was familiar with what to expect, and that created a feeling of nostalgia to the proceedings.
Once the christingles were all lite, the congregation walked around the church whilst the christingle hymn played out. What caught my attention was how the sound travelled around the space. This in turn started my thinking about the evocative nature of sound. Would the same feelings come flooding back if I hear a recording of the procession, could the sound transport me back in time? I will keep these thoughts in mind when making future works.

No comments:

Post a Comment