Sunday 11 February 2018

Personal items - scans



Personal Item's





















                                                                                                                                     


             Reflection               


These scans are images of my childhood, objects that were given to me as relics of my family home before it was placed into boxes and marked, his, hers, bin. The ribbons were within another life time tied into mine and my sisters hair as we were growing up, the wrist watch and hair clip a favourite of my mothers who would wear her hair in a long plate with the clip at the top. The bible, a symbol of our household and Sunday rituals. I included a felted dread of my hair to claim these items using DNA, which on objects might be the most powerful symbol of all that they ever were apart of your personal narrative. By taking these objects and scanning them in this way, I am archiving my past, an to some extent laying it to rest. The way these images are displayed almost reads as a story board, as the repetition of the forms create the feeling of a main character or repeated point for added. Through out my practise I will be reflecting on the meanings behind objects, and their placement in order to successful create more narrative readings of after-the-fact encounter. This is important to me as I feel that it is only through the decoding of objects that the past can ever really be understood. 


No comments:

Post a Comment