Saturday 10 February 2018

Freezing poetry essence preservation - Experimentation


Freezing Poetry Essence Preservation - Experiments










Reflection


I had this idea what I could take poetry quotations from my journal and some how preserve there essence. After firstly experimenting with salt water, I thought I would try to freeze the quotations in discs of ice that would allow the viewer to see the words, and yet somehow act as a protective source that would go above and beyond protecting its physical state but would also, somehow protect that energy of the words themselves. I used jam jars lids to freeze the paper slips as I thought they would be easy to get out afterwards. This sadly did not go as planned. Firstly when I opened the freezer I noticed there was this chalky substance covering the entire surface of the disc, as I tried to scratch it off I wondered if I could have been caused by the moisture directed outwards, however either way I am not certain. Secondly, when trying to release the discs from the lids they would not budge. I attempted to loosen them by running them under the cold tap, however they just melted away in my hands instantly. I will rethink the logistics of getting this process to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment