Friday 16 February 2018

Cornelia Parker -Book


Cornelia Parker












 Reflection

I started looking through this book to help guide my curation of my solo exhibition. What I like about how Cornelia Parker's work has been displayed is that all the sculptural piece in the middle have similar motives behind them, there positioning nods to the next piece, within compromising on there own space and meaning. The work situated on the wall reads like it is backing up the sculptural work, which only goes to display a stronger reading to the viewer. Parker has used work on differing heights and scales to create interest when walking around the room. When comparing this to how I want to lay-out my exhibition, I think that using things on differing scales is important to keep the viewer engaging in the space, by sectioning the room off into different areas, I aim to create a the bare bones of a story line that the viewers can fill in to relate to their individual interpretations.  


No comments:

Post a Comment