Wednesday 7 February 2018

I burnt myself live shoots - Documentation of process












Reflection


I decided to burn my check book, to explore the concept of how objects might change their forms but still be the same object in essence. The essence of a identity is a complex thing, however it can be physicality with objects that belonged to an individual. Therefore I am starting to look into the idea of  entombing a token of identity, or in some way changing the state in which the object is viewed in. When considering my own identity I started to think how is the essence of me made up. Following that thought, about how I would be remembered when I die, and what objects will be symbolic of me. From the standpoint of the government, I am just a string of numbers. Therefore by burning my check book I am to a degree, staging my own death. Watching the ashes travel away in the wind. I wondered where I would end up, would I be breathed in and infuse with another person body and how that might unconsciously influence there decision making.   


No comments:

Post a Comment