Wednesday 7 February 2018

"Walking a Mile in Someone else's Shoes" - Performance Art


Walking a Mile in Someone else's Shoes 





Reflection


When starting this journey I felt very conscious that these we not my shoes, the way they rubbed on my feet made them uncomfortable and since they were a couple sizes to big for me they slipped up and down as I walked, meaning that I had to be careful how I walked so as to not to trip or fall over. Watching this film back feels abstract, the movement rocks you into taking part in the experience, whilst the different textures are evocative at times of the nights sky. After the walk I felt like my essence had been altered slightly, so as to make room for the invisible man, who I could almost feel watching me walk in his shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment