Wednesday 7 February 2018

"Walking 1 mile in someone else shoes" ~ Performance Art Plan


Proposed Route:



Reflection

After finding a pair of shoes in a charity store, I started to wonder what the person that donated them was like and under what circumstances had these items been donated? There is a well known saying "don't judge someone until you walk a mile in their shoes" a saying that was widely repeated in order to generate understanding and empathy though-out society. With this is mind I decided to explore this saying in closer detail, and actually walk a mile before generation opinions about who I think they were as a person. The proposed route is in a straight line, so that the journey seems more like an accurately measured experiment. Although this work is very conceptual, I feel this activity will act like a bonding experience between myself and the unknown man whose shoes I will be wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment