Wednesday 7 February 2018

Sculpture Influences, - Research



Rachel Whiteread









Reflection 


What I love about the work of Rachel Whiteread is how she takes an interior and transforms it into an exterior. Her work with the 'in-between' spaces sparks something within me to want to create and explode sculpture in a new way. When discussing contemporary sculpture then is real opportunity to change the mind set of what sculpture is traditional and what it can be. Whiteread really captures this by defamiliarising places that have become overlooked due to out everyday, over familiarity with them. Her work also plays with the scale of an object making the more intimate items monumental. This is an exciting thought process for me, however I find it difficult to make large works when my studio space is some small and shared. Therefore I will continue to play around with narrative and explore the stories behind the objects.


                                                                                                                                                          


Sources 

No comments:

Post a Comment